What are first steps in creating a website?
- A Domain Name – You’ll need a domain name (for example: chrisely.com is my domain name). There are many extensions available (.net, ..co.uk, org, .gov, .edu, .tv, and more) for domains names but .com is the most common. I use GoDaddy and Dreamhost for my domain registrations and most hosting sites have a domain name search facility to check whether your desired domain name is available.
- A Web Hosting Plan – Your website needs to be hosted by a hosting company. We provide web hosting if you need it or we can work on your site on your own hosting plan.
- A Website Design and Developer – That’s where I come in. I have been working on websites for over 20 years. You can create and update your own website if you have the required skills but for most people, they’re too busy running their companies. I can take care of everything needed.
Where do you operate?
I am based in Mesa, Arizona and work with many companies locally but I also work with companies around the world. I have team members in Seattle, WA as well as Hereford in the United Kingdom. If you need our services, we’ll work with you anywhere.
How long does it take to build a website?
For a typical ‘brochure’ site of between 6 and 10 pages, expect to have the site up and running within a week but of course a lot depends on how quickly you get content to us.
A full data driven site with CRM and eCommerce can obviously take much longer. It depends on you and your business… Talk to us 🙂
How much does a website cost?
It all depends on how comprehensive a site you require. All of my websites are built in WordPress and include, if required, an installation of the world’s number 1 open source CRM system: SuiteCRM. My website and CRM combinations start at $1200. Some websites that require a lot of additional programming, eCommerce, Customer Portals etc., can cost a lot more. Remember though that a website is your shop window to the world. It’s important to do it right so don’t get your nephew who knows a bit about the Internet to do it. It’s a false saving. Get it done right, first time!
Do you offer maintenance plans?
Yes of course. I get to know my clients and their businesses. I provide ongoing advice and support; as well as updates and maintenance. Talk to me about your requirements.
How are you better than other designers and developers?
- I have been working on websites for over 20 years and specializing in WordPress sites for over 10 years. I am also an expert in Customer Relationship Managements systems having been working with them for over 25 years. I know what I’m doing and have a strong business background. There are very few web developers who have the same level of combined skills. I’m also extremely competitive in pricing. Where some developers start pricing their websites at over $3000, I start at $1200. That’s 2 days of full time work on your site.
- I have a great support team that assist in many areas such as graphic design, logo design, video production, content management and much more. When you hire me, you hire my whole team.
Can my site be moved later and worked on by different developers?
Yes of course. Your site belongs to you and you can move it, as well as having whoever you want to work on it and/or maintain it. I no longer buy domains on behalf of my clients as it is much more in their interests to own and manage their domains. I provide full advice on buying a domain and how to manage the hosting/email requirements.
Do you provide web statistics?
Yes. Every site has a web statistics package built in as well as an SEO (search engine optimization) package to insure you get your website listed in search engine results.
Can you update and/or work on my existing website?
If you have a WordPress site that needs updating, I’d love to talk to you. I can also take content from non-WordPress sites and create new sites for you. If you want an existing non-WordPress site updated however, you’ll have to find someone else. I only work on WordPress sites.
We’re Here To Help
Do you have a website project you need help with? We’re available.
We assist many companies with their online presence, whether that entails developing the site for them or working with their developers to best implement their online strategies. We have developed hundreds of sites in just about every possible market segment, from brochure sites to ecommerce, from news sites to hospital administration.
We can work onsite with you or digitally through web conferencing, webinars and screen sharing.
We also provide one on one training for if your requirement is urgent and you need to be brought up to speed in a hurry.